From: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas <bcbstx_noreply>
Date: December 6, 2013 at 3:01:16 PM EST
Subject: NEWS ALERT: Texas Severe Winter Weather: BCBSTX Responds to Help Members
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of TexasIf you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.
News Alert: December 6, 2013
Texas Severe Winter Weather: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Responds to Help Members
The following message will be shared today with employer groups that are on our email distribution list. Feel free to pass along this message to your clients as needed.
We are also posting an alert on our external website, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact your BCBSTX account representative if you have any questions.
Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Severe Winter Weather in Texas
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) understand that a number of our members living, working or traveling in and around Texas may be impacted and/or displaced as a result of severe winter weather.
BCBSTX is prepared to assist these members by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are met
- Accessing member identification information
Please share this information with your employees:
- For an emergency situation, members should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, members can call the customer service number on the back of their member ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor’s office or hospital, the member will need to present his/her BCBSTX ID card.
- If a member does not have his/her member ID card, needs help finding care or has coverage questions, our customer service representatives will provide assistance.
- Members can also log in to Blue Access for MembersSM on the BCBSTX website or access our mobile site to search for a doctor, access their ID card and more.
- BlueCard® participants (indicated by a suitcase on the member ID card) can call the National BlueCard access number to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
Watch for continuing updates as we respond to the needs of our groups and members impacted by the severe winter weather. Please contact your BCBSTX account representative should you have any questions.
Important Blue Cross Phone Numbers
- BCBSTX Customer Service for all group plan members: 800-521-2227
- BCBSTX Customer Service for individual/family policyholders: 888-697-0683
- BCBSTX Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders: 800-654-9390
- Federal Employee Information: 800-442-4607
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)
American Red Cross
Watch us on YouTube
News from the Blues for Producers is an e-newsletter containing updates on product and Web site enhancements, as well as sales information, legislative updates and BCBSTX/HCSC corporate news.
This e-mail box is designated for outgoing messages only. Any questions related to the above topics or changes to your contact information should be directed to your local sales office.
View contact information for our regional sales offices: http://www.bcbstx.com/producer/contactus.htm
A Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company,
an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
1001 E. Lookout Drive, Richardson, TX 75082